Baby, is it cold outside or what?!
I missed everyone dearly last weekend, which is why I want to share my winter getaway experience, in brief of course! Simply put, there was just too much green in Lake Placid! =)
- They provided guests with amazing organic bath amenities, mugs instead of disposable cups, and blue recycling bins for items that shouldn’t be thrown in the trash, duh! Learn more about their green initiatives here.
- I toured around and saw their awesome green roof (covered with snow, understandably), ate delicious food at the Resort’s Generations Restaurant, and went on a dogsled ride for the first time ever! Learn more about their green initiatives here.
- Had dinner with members Kate Fish and Gail Brill at the Blue Moon Café, where we drank some Lake Placid Ubu Ale, yummy!
- Had such a blast walking beside them in the Annual Saranac Lake Winter Carnival parade, 114 years and going strong!
- Click here for photos on how AGC show their love for the environment.
- I’m not kidding when I say the developers thought of EVERYTHING when it came to multifunctional spaces and bringing the outside in with big, beautiful windows. They also anticipate Gold LEED certification upon completion.
- Grabbed some sandwiches from Big Mountain Deli & Crêperie, aka home of the 46 Best Sandwiches in the High Peaks, before heading to…
- Snow-shoed for the first time at this LEED-certified museum, which has a currently frozen pond along with a green roof, floors made from recycled tires, and special parking space for hybrid vehicles. Don’t believe me? See for yourself in my slide show =D
And last but not least, a shout-out to Amtrak for all its emeralding throughout New York State and beyond, taking action such as 100% compostable cups and helping travelers like me go green and reduce our carbon footprints.
A longer and more entertaining version can be found here thanks to Kim Rielly at the Lake Placid CVB/Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism.
More to come!